Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend Gateway in Bali, Day 1 Monkey Forest and Magical Sunset

The good thing of being impulsive is you wouldn’t know what other surprise that you made in your live at the short time. This is happens to me. Still during the business trip period I made one minute decision that will give me so much fun later. It begins when I was on business trip in Jember. I got one week to finish my work, luckily I finished it about 3 days so I got 4 days free until another Monday. Then I made a plan to travel for the rest four day. Bali, it is my destination at that time. It just comes up my mind after my friend who’s also on business trip in Bali asked me to come. Then, I asked my client to get me the bus ticket to Bali.


I got the bus ticket at 7pm, it cost me Rp. 170.000,- include 1 portion meal for dinner, quite cheap. Actually I was little bit scare, because I travel alone at the night using bus, and the time estimation is about 8-9 hours. It will be a long time trip. At 7 pm pick me up to hotel. From Jember to Bali the route is through Banyuwangi, it is about 4 hours from Jember.  Arrived at Pelabuhan Ketapang about 12 pm. Then we used Feri to Pelabuhan Gilimanuk (Bali), it is about one hour sail but i still had long way to go from Gilimanuk to Denpasar. About 5am (Bali Time) I arrived in Denpasar. After short nap at hotel then me and 4 of my friend (Xenia, Dekil, Bg Dona and Kak Ana) start the journey from the morning.


Monkey Forest, Ubud

The first destination is Monkey forest in Ubud or famous as Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary, about 1 half hour from denpasar. As we know that Bali is one of beautiful place that full of art and cultural site. Monkey forest is one of the sacred places in Ubud. This place has a good tempered. I got interest on the history behind this place. Initially, this place was not open to public for the sacred reason. Bali people thought the presence of tourist will disturb the habitat of monkey. For the consideration of cultural tourism then this place was open to public at 1990. There are 3 temples located on this place. Each temple has historical meaning for local people.












Bebek Tepi Sawah and Pasar Sukowati

One of phenomenal culinary place in Ubud is Bebek Tepi Sawah. This place is quite famous. The atmosphere in this place is also recommended to enjoy the view. For the price is not really expensive but not cheap too. I am not culinary person, yet I enjoy the place in here for taking picture haha.





Then we are heading to Pasar Sukawati to buy some stuff for the souvenir. Pasar Sukowati is one traditional market that sell souvenir with really cheap price. It is good for those of you who want to buy the souvenir for the large amount.




Sunset in Kuta

No need to explain too much word in here. Just enjoy the view of sunset in Kuta Beach. This is one of my favorite moment to spending the time. I called it “merekam senja”.








Taris Café in Jimbaran

To closing the day, we choose Taris Café in Jimbaran to spending the night. 2 of my office mate (Bg Rahmat and Nadim) from Jakarta also have business trip at that time. This place is quite good to spending the time with the close friend. Sound of waves, wind blows, and the laugh we shared is the best moment at that time.





Thanks to “the Auditors” for being the crazy travel mates ever.

To be continued ~~

Travel at November 6, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment