Monday, October 27, 2014

Business Trip to Tarakan, North Kalimantan!

This is my 3rd week of business trip at the period. After one week in Batam, one week in Pekanbaru then Tarakan is next destination of another one week of my business trip. Tarakan is one city placed in the newest province in Indonesia which is North Kalimantan. Tarakan City is located in small island near Kalimantan Island.

Actually,when I heard that my name was assign to Tarakan the first thing come up on my mind is Derawan. Maybe some of you already know about Kepulauan Derawan. Kepualauan Derawan consist of several islands in North Kalimantan. It is known as some little piece of heaven on earth. But unfortunately I cannot make it at that time. Feel little bit disappointed.  Well nevermind.

Welcome to Tarakan


Old building of Airport

A week in Tarakan gives me some experiences. In Tarakan lately, there is anomaly weather happen. Intensity of rainfall is really high in here. It has rain everyday. My client also said that in Tarakan, local people used rain water to fulfill their daily needs. Tarakan is small island, there is no river, no mountain, so rain is the main source of water here.

Although I cannot make it to Derawan, I still asked my client to take me to travel around the island. Then there are two places that I can visit at that time. We visit that place after working hours.


Kawasan Konservasi Mangroves dan Bekantan

Kawasan Konservasi Mangroves dan Bekantan is located near the Center City of Tarakan. It just take about 5 minutes away from Tarakan City. Bekantan is one of primate that we can only find it in Kalimantan. On that conservation area bekantan is wildly live at mangroves. They live in group and eat the leaves from the tree. I can’t take the picture of them because they are hiding on the top of the tree. It was difficult to see because they will hide when human approach them. There are also some other animal in here.

Conservation Area of Mangrove and Bekantan 






With Bekantan Statue


Pantai Amal

After walking on the mangrove forest, the next destination is beach. In Tarakan there is only one beach that we can visit to enjoy the view and eat local food which is Pantai Amal. Pantai amal is located in the one corner of Tarakan. It is not really far from the city. It is only takes about half hour to go there. In Pantai Amal eating one of famous shell named as Kapah is a must. This tasty food is really recommended for those of you who enjoy culinary trip.


Seawed


Kapah, the famous local food in Tarakan



Sunset in Tarakan

The last one is not include on the trip, but because I am the sunset hunter of course I am not gonna missed the moment of sunset in every city I go. Luckily, my room hotel in Tarakan has a window with city view and I can clearly see the sunset through the window.

Sunset in Four Different Days






After Tarakan, Balikpapan will be my next destination of business trip. Thanks to my client for the trip. I still hope to going to Dearawan for the next time.


Tarakan, October 23, 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment