Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Mystical Mist of Tangkuban Perahu Crater

Tangkuban Parahu is one of the most popular destination in Bandung. If you wanna see the crater of the mount but you dont have enough time to climb so, Tangkuban Perahu is the place that you must visit. Its about 1830 M above sea level. Almost of Indonesian people know the story about Tangkuban Perahu, so i dont want to put it here.  

Imagine the cold weather, Mountain atmosphere, misty and the other feeling you can feel when you placed your own feet up there. I've wanted to see this place since long time ago. Actually i really like the place with the mountain atmosphere, sometime i wanna climb the mount, sometime i wanna see the crater by myself, but i dont have enough time or maybe physically doesn't support me to climb the mountain. But last week i did it. 

To visit Tangkuban Perahu we dont have to climb because we can bring our own car to that place. Quite easy ha?

Again, i take the chance to visit Tangkuban Perahu among of my business trip. Last week my boss ask me to stay at my client in Bandung for several weeks. The first thing screwed in my mind when i heard that news was i have to take the chance to visit the place in Bandung that i never visited before. And Tangkuban Perahu is one of in my top list. So, the first weekend in Bandung I have to get there. Actually that was long weekend because in Friday is one national holiday, but we didn't. My boss still ask me to get some overtime in client office at friday. so, there is no long weekend huh?. 

But, it doesnt stop me because i still have a saturday and sunday. Me, and my audit team planned the saturday to visit Tangkuban Perahu. Luckily i have friends in Bandung whose can take us there. I contacted my friend and surprisingly they can make it to me. 

Saturday Morning.

My friend whose stay in Bandung (Ka Ayu, Ka Dynal, and Ka Fiat) picked me and my team (Mba Rahma, Mba Rahma's huband, Siska and Oci) at the saturday morning, we planned to go at 8am but stuff happened and we got to go at 9am. There was eigth of us whose feeling so excited to visit that place.


Bandung, long weekend, what do you expect? Yep, the traffic absolutelly made we mad. In the normal day - or- without - traffic - day - from Bandung to Tangkuban Perahu (in the border of lembang and subang) normally takes about one hour or more. But, we spend almost 4 hours. Crazy!

Another stuffs happened. The car that we rent to that place was the bad one. It really hard to went up there. and the other bad things. Mr. SBY (Indonesian President) was there too for holiday with his familly so the traffic became crazier.

After a longtrip with the crazy traffic and the - really - really - damaged car at 12.30 pm we arrived at Tangkuban Perahu. I felt so revealed and breathless. The place...... It was indescribeable. I'd love the atmosphere. Oh my God am getting fly. hahaha

To enter the place in the entrance it cost us Rp. 144.000,- for eight people if i am not mistaken. 





Welcome to Tangkuban Parahu (Perahu)

I was so lucky, because the good weather comes with us. A sun really bright so we could see the crater clearly. Like i said, it was so breathtaking. I felt so..aahh.. amazingly amazing.

We walked around that place and take the picture as much as i can. The place itself was so crowded, many people out there. Around that place we can find the local people selling the merchandise and also the local food. And also we could ride the horse.







We spent about 2 hours up there, then when we decided to back it turned to bad weather. I could see and i could feel the mist slowly appear. It turned so cold, i could see the smoke come from my mouth as the sign it was really cold.


Me and Kaka Ayu


Finally, Tangkuban Perahu. Here i am



The Auditors :)


Eight of us


About the mist up there, i dont know why, i feeling so weird. It just like creep me out. i dont know the other felt the same way, but it was one of the feeling that i couldn't describe when i feel those mist. So i called this journey "Mystical Mist of Tangkuban Perahu".









I felt so breathless in the middle of those mist


Here some of the pictures that i take when i was there. I really recommend this place.














Gabriella Melisa
Bandung, April 19, 2014
Especelially, thaks to Ka Ayu, Ka Dynal and Ka Fiat for taking me to the place that i put on my top ten wishlist.

2 comments: